Based in Wollongong, NSW, STëLF produces boutique cycling kit. The guys at STëLF came up with the idea for their brand during a post ride coffee. Fast forward 6 months and STëLF is up and running, offering some very good looking kit.
We chatted to Matt McCrohon, the heart and soul behind STëLF to get the inside word on what STëLF are doing.
Their kit is designed in-house by STëLF and manufactured in Italy. Matt explains to us that a lot of time and effort has gone into getting the design, materials, cut and finish just right with their Italian manufacturer. STëLF's aim is to produce fun, distinguished, simple, bold cycling kit at a pro-level, while keeping the brand affordable.
On a first look, STëLF have done a great job. The five kit options look great, they are recognisable and bold, while retaining a 'clean' look.
The manufacturing stats also read really well. A few of the features include: pro-cut; advanced technical materials; full length zips; and fourth pocket with water proof zip for valuables. Bibshorts are made using 190gr Lycra and use an Italian made Ener Dry Pad™ chamois made from bacteriostatic fabric with Biceramics and Rame Copper. Matt tells me this basically means that the bibs will keep you comfortable after 100km+ in the saddle.
The guys at STëLF are also working on a women's range, so watch their website for announcemnts.
STëLF have kicked off with pre-order sales via their website (www.stelfcycling.com), with kits due to land in Australia in early January 2015. If you pre-order by 7 November 2014, you will enjoy 20% off the list price of $275 for the jersey and bib combo. STëLF also offer free shipping.
The STëLF kit looks good, and with limited runs of 50 kits per design, you won't risk being one of the crowd.
We are looking forward to completing a full test when the STëLF kit lands in January. Until then, make sure you get your pre-order in by 7 November 2014 to avoid missing out! Head to www.stelfcycling.com to place your order.
- Made in Italy
- Pro-Cut for a close aero fit
- Front & Back: 100% Polyester No-Sock™ CARBON fiber fabric mesh
- Side, Rear Pockets, Sleeve & Neck: Micro fiber 86% Polyester - 14% Spandex-Asteria blend (Super soft to the touch)
- UV/UPF 50+
- 3 rear pockets
- 4th pocket with water proof zip for valuables (located on RHS rear pocket)
- Holes for head inside rear LHS pocket
- 4.5cm high front bottom band with micro silicon grippers
- Rear bottom silicon gripper hem
- Full lenght YKK zip with chin zip garage
- High vis inserts on side pockets
- Made in Italy
- Constructed using 190gr. Lyrca™
- High stretch mesh braces
- 4.5cm high silicon laser cut bottom band
- Italian made Ener Dry Pad™ chamois. Chamois pad is made of bacteriostatic fabric with Bioceramics and Rame Copper.