It’s a big weekend in Victorian cycling with the Northern Suburbs Three Day Tour starting on Saturday morning and running through to Monday.
With a great weekend of racing ahead we preview the four stages.
The Northern Suburbs Three Day Tour is pleased to announce Essendon Cyclery as the KOM/QOM sponsor for 2015. Essendon Cyclery is a long term supporter of the Tour having previously being a stage sponsor.
The KOM/QOM title will be contested over the Three Days, with two climbs per day counting towards the prestigious prize in each of the senior categories.
Make sure you tag #LaVelocita and #3DT2015 in any social media posts, we'll be posting the best ones on La Velocita following the event!
Make sure you get to registration between 8.30am and 9.15am and Kyneton Secondary College. A compulsory rider briefing and stage 1 start will follow from 9.45am
Note - On the start and finish locations noted on maps may have changed and will be confirmed at the commencement of the Three Day tour.
Maps are thanks to www.cyclingprofiles.com.au
Stage 1: PASTORIA
The brutal Pastoria circuit is a short 21km circuit with no time to rest. It’s up and down with gradients reaching 6.7%. The KOM/QOM takes place on Bald Hill over 2.5km and 4.7% average gradient.
- Route - Kyneton - Pastoria - Kyneton
- Date - Saturday 6 June 2015
- Start line - Kyneton Secondary College - Note Neutral start out to circuit
- Start Time - 9.45am (Rider Briefing then start)
- Finish - Kyneton-Bayton Road
- Distance - 63 to 105km
- KOM - KOM/QOM contested over the top of Bald Hill on the completion of lap 1 and lap 2 for all grades.
Stage 2: Kyneton Individual TT
The individual time trial is a non aero event - no TT bikes, no cli on bars or disc wheels. All your equipment must me legal for a mass start road race.
- Route - Carlesruhe - Individual Time Trial - 5km
- Date Sunday 7 June 2015
- Start line - Three Chain Rd / Roleys Lane
- Start Time - First Rider 8.30am - Reverse order bib number, i.e. 150,149,148,147, etc @30 second intervals. Note you must be present 5 minutes before your allocated start.
- Finish - Three Chain Road
- Distance - 5.5km (All grades)
- No KOM/QOM
Stage 3: La Velocita Snowy Munro Heritage Stage Road Race
Another tough loop, the Newham circuit has a KOM/QOM approximately 10km into the race so make sure you are warmed up. Riders will again contest two sprints at Rochford on lap 1 and lap 2 before finishing back at Carlesruhe.
- Route - Newham - Rochford-Lancefield loop - finish in Carlesruhe
- Date - Sunday 7 June 2015
- Start line - Newham Primary School
- Start Time - 12 noon
- Finish - Carlesruhe - Chain Road & Chasers Lane
- Distance - 60 to 90km
Stage 4: Saint Cloud Cycles Road Race
The Tour concludes with the Queen stage. The punishing Kyneton Metcalfe circuit which features a KOM/QOM after 28km and 74km (note Womens B & C have one QOM).
- Route - KYNETON- Metcalfe-Redesdale-Sutton Grange-Elphingston- Metcalfe- KYNETON
- Date - Monday 8 June 2015
- Start Line - Kyneton Secondary College - Ferguson Street, Kyneton
- Start Time - 9am
- Finish - Near corner of Kyneton-Metcalfe Road / Rawsons Place
- Distance - 40 to 85km
- Note - Women B & Women C race is out & back along red/green line (40km)
For more information on this great event visit www.3daytour.org
It’s going to be a great weekend of racing so make sure you get along to support all those riders giving it a good go!