Green smoothies are a great way to get nutrition into your body whether it be post ride or first thing in the morning.
Words and Image - Meg Gillmer
Green smoothies are delisiouc, easy to digest and extremely nutrient dense. This smoothie has some carbohydrates, vitamins, essential minerals and quality fats for your body to absorb. You could consider adding a vanilla or unflavoured protein in, too.
Go Go Green!
- 1 cup milk (almond, soy, rice,)
- 1/2 cup water or coconut water
- 1 peeled and frozen banana
- Flesh of half avocado
- Fresh mint leaves
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 2Tbs nut butter
- handful of ice
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Meg Gillmer is a contributor to La Velocita and also behind 'The Wholesome Athlete'